Sunday 29 January 2012

Bit of a write off

As the title of this post suggests that is what this weekend has been. I usually manage to run 3 times in the week and twice at weekends, one of those runs being a recovery run. Managed to run Tuesday and Wednesday and noticed on Thursday that my hamstring felt a little tight so decided to cancel my Thursday evening run. I usually run Fridays but as I was going to see Thin Lizzy, who were totally immense, I was going to run Thursday instead. Never mind, I thought, the days rest will do me good. Anyway, went to the gig and had a great time but I got well and truly hammered. Was going to do my long run on Saturday but literally felt like crap all day so cancelled it. Managed to get out today though and did 3 miles. Ran at a nice steady pace and this was only 1 minute slower than my fastest time, I didn't really feel that I was pushing myself either so I'm really pleased with that. Back to it as of Tuesday.

Did my run today with my new toy. It's a Garmin Forerunner 110 watch which cost £100. Got sick of using my iphone to monitor my runs and running the battery down to virtually nothing. So I thought I'd invest in a gadget (I love gadgets, can't get enough if them). So far it appears to be amazing and gives you loads of stats to monitor your activities. It even allows you to upload your data to the logyourrun website which I'm kind of used to using and don't really want to part with. Stats from todays run:

Date: 01/29/2012  AM
Type: Run
Distance: 3.01 miles
Time: 0 hr 26 min 35 secs
Average pace: 8:50 min/miles
Shoes: Aasics Gel Oberon 5
Calories: 364


That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment